UNDERGROUND (UGRR) TOURS–2016-2017
- Feb. 21, 2016-(2-7) -FREE UGRR Party at Stewart’s Indian Village Home!! Besides eating, DRINKING, & NEAT PEOPLE we will discuss details of the two wonderful UGRR tours to Canada in 2016. Also, we will learn about the two 2017 UGRR trips.
- $100 deposit is due March 12 for the May 12-16, 2016 trip to Niagara Falls & Toronto
- The balance is due April 12 for the May 12-16 trip to Canada.
- May 12-16, 2016- UGRR Trip to CANADA -Includes 2 NIGHTS EACH at NIAGARA FALLS & TORONTO!! HIGHLIGHT of this trip will include seeing the church in St. Catherine’s where Harriet Tubman was involved! We will learn about many abolitionists & Lucie & Thornton Blackburn who made history in Detroit & in Toronto, etc More fun & education will include, Casa Loma,Wine Tasting, & just being in the Niagara Region!
Click here for more details
- September 5-6, 2016–UGRR trip to Canada-North Buxton Annual Reunion, Chatham, Uncle Tom’s Cabin,(Josiah Henson was Uncle Tom)& the John Walls Story. $150-D
It is about a 50 Mile round trip from Mays Lick, Kentucky to Ripley, Ohio and
- July 21-25, 2017 UGRR Trip to Ohio & Kentucky!!!!!!! See website for more details. Stewart’s BEST UNDERGROUND RAILROAD TOUR!
- October 6-13, 2017–NEW YORK TRIP-This 7 night trip will feature WOMEN’S RIGHTS and the UGRR, etc. We will spend 2 nights each in Buffalo, Syracuse & Herkimer and a night in Seneca Falls.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE —-
Buffalo-Michigan Ave. Baptist & the Castellani Art Museum. (both are places we will learn about the UGRR) We will visit a Museum near Niagara Falls which has fantastic info on the miracle of Niagara Falls & electric power! Also a dinner at the first Buffalo Wings restaurant in the USA.(a delightful time!)Other sites include— Rochester, (Susan Anthony & Frederick Douglas), Seneca Falls, (Women’s Rights) Auburn (Harriet Tubman, William Seward), Syracuse (UGRR & New York History) Peterboro-UGRR-Gerritt Smith, Herkimer area will include Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, Farmers Museum, Fenimore Art Mus.& a cruise on the Erie Canal.All of these tours will be on a coach bus with all of the latest facilities. Also, all tours on this page will leave from Eastpointe. Eastpointe is in Macomb County & the address of the departure point is 16600 Stephens Rd. (Stephens is 9 & one half mile road) 16600 Stephens is just one block from Gratiot. The building is a Military Museum. The Museum phone is 586-872-2581 The e-mail is—-email@example.com
Stewart can be reached at- (H)-313-922-1990 or Cell-313-702-6411)
PS- Your support for my tours is greatly appreciated. If you could forward this message to other people, Stewart would be forever grateful. I NEED people in order to survive!
PSS–PLEASE make arrangements SOON for a passport or enhanced drivers license. The Currency Exchange RATE for the US Dollar with Canada is GREAT these days!!!
“TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS” – Mark Twain -
PSSS–Stewart has been to all of the states & 141 countries. Around the World Twice!
1-1978 -75 days on Pan Am -14 countries-2 each in Europe & Middle East, 10 in Asia
2-2008-2009–88 Days- 17 countries- 15 were in Asia or the Middle East.